Organize Your Way to a Brand-New Bathroom
Is your bathroom experience less than spa-like? If so, it may not mean you need a major reno or a costly investment in new fixtures and flooring. It may be a simple matter of reorganization. Consider these ideas from the life-at-home experts at Martha Stewart Living:
- Get your medicine cabinet in order with flat-backed suction cups that adhere to the inside of your medicine cabinet door. They can hold combs, toothbrushes, tweezers, cotton swabs and other small items. Be sure to strategically place the cups between the shelves so the door can still close.
- A bathroom drawer can quickly become a black hole of miscellaneous medicines, cosmetics and hair accessories. Get the chaos under control with wooden or metal drawer organizers that allow you to categorize items in their own personal cubbies. It will give you a chance to discard all those lotions and cosmetics you’re not using, too.
- Create space and give your bathroom a spa-like touch by stacking towel bars on the back of your bathroom door. This will allow you to house more towels in the bathroom in a neat, unobtrusive way.
- Another great way to add an organized, spa-like feel to your bathroom is to decant various shampoos and lotions into attractive containers. This creates a uniform, stylish look as opposed to a mishmash of shapes, sizes and colors.
- If you’re short on storage space, add a shelf on top of your medicine cabinet to neatly and attractively tuck away supplies, such as extra rolls of toilet paper, cleaning supplies, bars of soaps or washcloths.
Remember, having an enviable bathroom isn’t necessarily about having more space, it’s about using the space you have in the right way—and that starts with getting organized.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2019. All rights reserved.
*If you need help finding your new or second home in Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, or anywhere in Broward County contact Marina Sarabia at 954-914-8056.